William R. Leser
Business transactions, tax law, estate planning, labor law, pension plans and ESOPs
- Bachelor of Arts, University of Notre Dame, 1960
- Juris Doctor, Georgetown University Law Center, 1963
- State of Michigan
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Michigan
- U.S. Tax Court
- Bay County Bar Association
- State Bar of Michigan
- Taxation Section, Michigan Bar Association
- The Bay Area Community Foundation, Women’s Philanthropy Circle
- St. Boniface Parish
Bill is also known for his collective-bargaining expertise, as he has negotiated on behalf of management in many high-profile cases.
A Saginaw native, Bill left his position with a law firm in Detroit in 1965 to join what was then Lambert & Lambert. He was looking for a good place to raise his family and avoid long commutes, and he found it in Bay City. Upon the death of Selwyn Lambert, the name on the door became Lambert Leser. Over the past 41 years, Bill has welcomed a number of partners to the practice.
“We are a very solid group,” he says, “because we talk with one another, work with one another. When a situation comes up that requires different areas of specialization, we all pitch in to find the right solution. Our goal is to provide our clients with the best service, so we collaborate and make the most of every individual’s strengths.”